Our expert Masonry services offer a range of benefits like sustainability and long-lasting endurance. Our paved surfaces are built with good traction and slip resistance. They are also quite popular with pedestrians, offering a safe and comfortable walking surface. Our paving solutions include state-of-the art technology to achieve zero accidents by slipping or skidding on wet surfaces.
Not many paving companies in Rockville MD can boast of the same retention rate with customers. Central to our success is our strategy to building and maintaining customer relationships. Our wide network of customers recommends our paving solutions to their neighbours and friends frequently.
As a long-term solution, masonry paving is a cost-effective method of improving the value of your property and the curb appeal.
We have the expertise to experiment with these materials to give your property a distinctive look in the neighbourhood.
1. Asphalt is quite commonly used for roads as early as 625 AD. Currently it is the most popular material with 90% of it being used for commercial and residential parking areas. A1 Masonry Contractors are rated the best Asphalt paving contractors in Rockville MD and Maryland since 1990s.
2. Asphalt is recycled: Not many people know that asphalt is recycled material. Virgin asphalt is available in the market at a much higher cost. Recycled asphalt is a good sustainable choice if you are seeking to reduce your carbon footprint. A1 Masonry Contractors is reputed for its sustainable paving solutions using recycled materials like plastic, glass and brick.
3. The best season for Asphalt is summer: In the winter, cold mix asphalt is used for emergency repairs, but later in the summer, a more permanent hot mix patch can be used. Experienced contractors at A1 Masonry Contractors know that hot mix asphalt and warm mix are the best choice for most paving projects. Always remember to plan your asphalt paving project in the summer.
4. Always protect your Asphalt: For at least 48-72 hours after it is laid, asphalt needs to protected. For the first one month, no heavy equipment should be parked on an asphalt paved surface. Asphalt is prone to showing marks in the first year. Don’t always park in the same spot. Ensure there are no oil, gas and solvent leaks. Place a board under kickstands and other pointed things. Any markings that form will eventually vanish, but it is advisable to stay away from them whenever possible.
5. It is easy to patch asphalt: As long as the asphalt is not too damaged, it is very simple to patch. Simple liquid crack filler compound is all that’s required for small cracks, divots, and holes. In order to patch more badly damaged parts, a more difficult technique known as “dig out patching” is used, in which the damaged area is replaced with fresh asphalt. Resurfacing is significantly simpler and less expensive than total replacement if the damage is more severe.
6. Asphalt is available in many forms: There are several different varieties of asphalt that are each best suited for certain applications. For heavily travelled roads, perpetual pavement is a great option because just the top layer eventually needs to be replaced. Asphalt with pores aids in reducing drainage issues. Quiet asphalt is a fantastic option for suburban roads since it considerably lowers traffic noise. Your asphalt contractor will assist you in selecting the best type of asphalt for your needs.
7. Asphalt has a long lifespan: Asphalt is quite long-lasting and durable when properly maintained. In the majority of cases, you can anticipate that newly installed asphalt will last for at least 35 years.
8. When working with asphalt a professional paving contractor is mandatory: Even while some individuals view asphalt work as a do-it-yourself project, this is rarely the ideal option. The majority of homeowners lack the specialised abilities, information, and tools needed to install asphalt properly. Your contractor will guide you in selecting the best type and grade of asphalt, carry out any necessary preparation work, and lay your asphalt in a way that is both expert and long-lasting.
1. How long does it take to complete a paving project?
Depending on a number of factors like materials used, the scope and length of the road, paving projects could last between 2 weeks to a year.
2. Do I need a permit for a paving project in Rockville MD?
Before beginning construction projects, both residential and commercial properties in the City of Rockville must get permits. Permits are also required for any work that would affect trees, stormwater facilities, or the public right-of-way. The majority of permits also call for one or more inspections before the work may be deemed complete. The Maryland Fire Prevention Code, the city’s Municipal Code, and other laws and rules all have an impact on construction in Rockville.
A1 Masonry Contractors follow all mandatory standard protocols and government regulations before beginning a project.
3. Can paving contractors repair cracks in my driveway?
Yes, paving contractors can repair cracks in the driveway. To repair a cracked driveway, contractors will begin by sealing a driveway with a concrete crack filler. This will stop water from flowing under the driveway, causing driveway cracks and under the foundation, weakening it. Contractors will also use a cement caulk for the cracks, joints, and expansion joints.
Call professional paving contractors near you if you need cracks in your driveway to be fixed.
4. What materials do paving contractors use for driveways?
There are four main categories of driveway materials, ranging from low-cost, simple gravel to pricey, elegant paver bricks constructed of natural stone, fired clay, or shaped and coloured concrete. The most common driveway paving materials are poured concrete and asphalt.
A1 Masonry contractors have a range of paving solutions that we can use for your driveway. If you are looking for paving contractors for small driveways in Rockville, then we are your best choice.